Out of Bounds (Rule 18)
- In or beyond car park
- On the path around the clubhouse & professional shop
- Beyond any boundary fence or line of white posts
- In or beyond the burn forming the north boundary at the 9th, 11th & 12th holes
Penalty Areas (Rule 17)
- Areas marked with yellow stakes allow two relief options
- Areas marked with red stakes allow an extra lateral relief option
- All unmarked ditches are treated as red penalty areas
Abnormal Course Conditions
(Including Immovable Obstructions) (Rule 16)
(a) Ground Under Repair
- Areas marked as GUR or enclosed with white lines
- Ruts made by vehicle tyres
- Any damage to the course due to the irrigation project
(b) Immovable Obstructions
- Anchors, any permanent signage etc ball washers, boats, bridges, man-made steps, fishing nets, seats & shelters
- All artificially surfaced paths
- All roads
- The toilets at 10th green/14th fairway
- The pump house at 15th & 16th holes
- Pop up sprinklers
(c) Immovable Obstructions Close to Putting Greens
- Relief is granted under Rule 16.1b if an immovable obstruction is on the line of play, and is within two club-lengths of the putting green, and within two club-lengths of the ball.
- This local rule only applies when the ball & immovable obstruction lie in part of the general area cut to fairway height or less
- There is no relief under this Local Rule if the player chooses a line of play that is clearly unreasonable
- Penalty for Playing Ball from a Wrong Place in Breach of Local Rule: general Penalty under Rule 14.7a
(d) Embedded Ball
- Rule 16.3 is modified in this way. No free relief is allowed for a ball embedded in the stacked turf face above a bunker.
Bunkers out of Play
- Any bunker that is taken out of play due to maintenance, or for any other reason is a No Play Zone. Free relief is available under Rule 16.
Penalty for breach of local rule is the general penalty.