CODE OF CONDUCT
This Code of Conduct highlights the expectations of the Club in relation to the attitude and behaviour of staff, members, guests and visitors. It is incorporated in the Club’s bylaws.
All our staff, members, guests and visitors have the right to be treated with dignity and respect at all times. Reciprocally, it is expected that everyone will positively and continually support this Code of Conduct at all times, in all contexts and anywhere on the Club’s premises. Futhermore, it is also an expectation that, at all times, all Council members will display the professional standards of behaviour required of an employer.
Code of Conduct
Murcar Links Golf Club staff, members and visitors are to:
- Respect the rights, dignity and worth of every person.
- Help create an environment where everyone has an equal opportunity to participate, speak openly and be at ease.
- Help create and maintain an environment free of bullying, fear and harassment.
- Avoid engaging in any behaviour that constitutes any form of abuse (verbal, physical, sexual, emotional, neglect or bullying).
- Avoid engaging in any behaviour that constitutes any form of discrimination.
- Avoid publicly criticising or engaging in demeaning descriptions of others.
- Challenge any form of discrimination of prejudice.
- Any alleged or perceived violation of this Code should be reported immediately to the Secretary or any member of the Club Council.
- Within 24 hours, a report of the incident should be submitted in writing by email or letter to the Secretary or any member of the Club Council.
- Should the incident relate to a child, the Club’s Protection Office must also be informed, without delay, by the Secretary or any member of the Club Council.
The Club Council undertake to investigate any such allegation promptly, and take appropriate action based on the findings of that investigation. The sanctions open to the Club Council include suspension or termination of membership, and a formal interview, depending on the conclusion of the investigatory process.