Practising on the golf courses has been defined by Council as: “having more than one ball in play; or hitting repeated shots or strokes of any kind whilst not in Club competition on either of the courses.” Breaches of this rule will not be tolerated and anyone found contravening this will be subject to disciplinary action.
The golf courses are our greatest assets, so please look after them by observing this and other basic golfing etiquette, ie replace divots, repair pitchmarks, keep caddy cars off of tees and the fringes of greens and only use caddy cars in designated areas, leave bunkers the way you would expect to find them and enter and leave them by the shallowest part so as to not destroy the bunker faces
- All players must report to the Professional to confirm their tee off time before commencing play at all times on both golf courses – there are no exceptions.
- Any guest may only be introduced at the reduced fee twice in each calendar month, whether by one or more Members.
- That Member must play with the introduced guest.
- Country, Overseas, Student and Junior Members may not introduce guests at the reduced rates.
- No Junior visitors are allowed unless accompanied by an adult Member.
- In organised pre-booked outings, Members are not obliged to pay green fees but may not introduce guests.
- Guests must be signed into the Clubhouse by Members in the appropriate book so as to comply with the Licensing Laws.
- Ordinary Members have precedence over Junior Members on the Practice Area, Practice putting green and Course.
- All players must adhere to the Dress, Mobile Phone and Smoking Codes for the Golf Courses and the Clubhouse. Members are responsible for their guests.Reserved Times
The following regulations will normally apply. In exceptional circumstances the Professional his Assistant or a Member of Council may give permission to play.
- No play is allowed before Medal Play and Open Competitions on the Murcar Links Course.
- Either Course is reserved during times of Official Club Competitions and at such times as the Council has allowed a reservation for a visiting party.
- All visitors and visiting parties (but not Members’ Guests) should produce a handicap certificate to the Professional.
- The Murcar Links Course is reserved for Murcar members only, as follows:-
- On Saturdays until 1600 hrs (May and June) and 1500 hrs for the remainder of year
- On Sundays until 1100 hrs (Members’ Guests may play after 1000 hrs)
- On Tuesdays until 1200 hrs
- On Wednesdays from 1200 hrs onwards.
- On Tuesdays, Thursdays and Fridays, April to June inclusive, 1630 hrs to 1830 hrs
- The Strabathie Course is reserved for Members only, ie no Visitors or Guests as follows:-
- On Saturdays until 1500 hrs.
- Strabathie Members may play on the Murcar Links Course on any two days in a calendar month, except Wednesdays and Saturdays.
Members should book tee times in the Professional Shop on both courses at all times. There are no exceptions to this rule.
Advance booking of tee times:
a) By telephoning the Professional’s Shop on the day of play. On Sundays, only 1 tee time in every 3 tee times can be booked in advance (telephone bookings are not permitted for Saturdays); or
b) Up to the week prior, either in person or by telephoning the Professional’s Shop, is permitted for all tee times up to 1600 hrs on Monday to Friday inclusive.
For Official Club Match Play Competitions, tee times at any time of the day may be booked in advance without restriction
Match Play Competitions:
Official Club Match Play Competitions should be given priority by ‘bounce’ games or friendly matches both on the first tee and on the Course as appropriate. All starting times MUST be adhered to