The Professional will be responsible for the allocation and maintenance of tee times for Medal Competitions. All enquiries regarding tee times are to be made to the Professional.
Saturday Medal Competitions on the Murcar Links Course (Men’s and Ladies’ Sections)
- A Competition Entry Sheet will be placed on the Notice Board in the Professional’s Shop on the Saturday, two weeks before a Medal Competition.
- Members wishing to play in the Medal Competition must enter their name on the Competition Entry Sheet indicating what time period they wish to play.
- Members are not permitted to append any other names but their own.
- The Competition Entry Sheet will be removed from the Notice Board by the Professional some time during the following week and times allocated. The draw will be made for each time period based on handicap section (where possible), ie Scr – 12; and 13 – 28.
- The draw will then be posted on the Notice Boards and on the Club Website.
- Any Member who wishes to enter the Competition after the draw has been made may do so by contacting the Professional and being allocated a time if available.
- Competitors wishing to withdraw from the Competition after the draw has been made must notify the Professional. Any Member failing to notify his or her withdrawal shall be penalised by exclusion from the following two Saturday Medal Competitions.
- The Professional will maintain the draw via the computer located in the Professional’s shop.
- A Member who has been allocated a tee time in the draw will have officially entered the Competition. The player is responsible for entering their own name in the computer.
- Members who are on holiday or away on the Saturday when the Medal Competition Entry Sheet is placed on the Notice Board in the Professional’s Shop may contact the Professional prior to the Saturday to enable their name to be inserted on the entry sheet.
- Murcar Links Members from both the Men’s Section and the Ladies’ Section will be playing their respective Medal Competitions concurrently on the Murcar Links course. Competitors in the same Competition will be drawn together but if the numbers do not allow this, then competitors in different competitions will be drawn together.
Wednesday Competitions (Men’s Section)
- On the day of a Wednesday Medal competition, Members wishing to play in the Competition must report to the Professional’s Shop and enter their name into the computer. The player is responsible for entering their name into the computer and only Members who have entered their name will have entered the Medal Competition.
- The Professional will allocate a tee time and issue a scorecard to the Member.
- A draw is not made on a Wednesday, as Members either obtain a tee time or appear to play at any available tee time. Members may enter their own name and one other on the starting sheet, leaving one space in each time for anyone turning up looking for a tee time. If you are on your own, the Professional will thus be able to fit you in to play with other Members.
- Scorecards will not be issued when there is obviously insufficient light for Members to complete their round.
On Completion of the Round
The Club operates a computerised Competition and handicapping system. After completion of your round you are required to:
- Return your scorecard whether complete or not.
- Enter your score hole by hole into the computer terminal located in the Clubhouse Entrance Hall. Failure to do either may result in suspension from future competitions.
In order to complete the Competition Scratch Score (CSS), ALL CARDS are required to obtain the correct result.